Thursday, May 5, 2011

How much history should you write into historical fiction?

Part of my revision process was to intensively do more research into the historical events that led up to the BTP starting on October 18, and ending on December 17, 1773. I was aware of quite a bit before I started writing my story - the meetings that took place, some of the rowdier riots (One involved a tea merchant shooting into a mob that showed up at his house) But I was quite surprised to learn that a week didn't go by for those two and a half months without something significant happening.

On top of all this, I have my two MC's, their families, their problems they need to overcome, one of them is hiding a secret life from the other and so on, not to mention a budding love interest. Oy.

I'm going to be writing a few new chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment